Sunday 25 November 2012

A Frustrating Day

A succession of these suitcases got in the way of most folk yesterday as they so often do. To get the same effect I'm considering dragging around a dead dog on a lead on my next visit to the Metropolis ! Added to the outcome of the game, it made for a very frustrating day !

Another testing afternoon at the Valley yesterday as we again failed to be positive let alone beat a team down to 10 men for so long. Numerous options were open to Sir Chris and at a minimum that should have seen Skip move to left back with Kerkar getting further forward and Yann coming on to replace a tiring Ricardo a lot earlier than he did. All that side from going to 3 at the back........we don't need 4 defenders against one attacker.

Yet again my not getting to away games is costing me as I though Stephens gave another display of poor and mostly sideways passing. I don't get it cos he gets rave reviews outside the Valley.

Hey Ho ! Let's look at the bright side. Manny Frimpong ! How good was he ? Long may he continue to put on performances like that. Strong, decisive and able to pass forward, his will be the first name on the team sheet whilst he's here.

I thought we passed the ball quickly and well yesterday with Fuller putting on a very intelligent and competent display. With Frimpong things look very promising. If only we'd taken one of the good chances on offer especially the one Hulse spurned at the end when he headed safely into the arms of Smithies....a yard either side and we'd have won.

I quite fancied a beer at half time yesterday but didn't have time to have one. On reflection I should have followed the example of a Scandinavian gentleman near me who returned to his seat with a full pint that he did little to hide ! He was clearly oblivious to the fact he shouldn't have it and I advised him to keep it well hidden which he did inside his belly soon after !

Never mind four games unbeaten and a win on Tuesday would make thing look a tad brighter.

In need of a laugh I'm off to see Stewart Francis tonight at the excellent Stables Theatre in Milton Keynes.

No comments:

Post a Comment