Tuesday 30 October 2012

Razak Returns To City

Sadly we may never see Abdul in a Charlton shirt again.

Young Abdul has gone back to Man City after they recalled him within 28 days of the loan as they are entitled to do. A real shame in my view and I'm not buying into suggestions from some quarters that he had an attitude problem. It seems a clear case of City wanting their man to have more minutes on the pitch.

He's not posted anything on his twitter account about it and a few days ago posted this in response to being asked how the loan was going........." loan not bad just trying get playing and show what I can do really ".

Fair play to the lad and I'm afraid we've lost a player who offered quite a lot. I've little doubt that he'll go out on loan to another championship side and greatly impress as I fully expect he'd have done with us had he stayed. Best wishes to him and I'll be keeping a close eye on his progress.

Looking ahead to Saturday and I see that our opponents, Middlesbrough are playing Sunderland  tonight in the league cup. Sadly, the game won't be reffed by the man who came second in a name that cake competition, Mark Clattenburg. That would have given rise to optimistic thoughts of red and yellow cards aplenty. 

Hey Ho ! We can but hope for some from whoever does officiate. The local rivalry should add some extra spice to a fixture that hasn't been played for a while. In addition, with Sunderland not in great goalscoring form and Boro on a great run, this promises to be a tight game and so there is reason to expect that extra-time may well be needed to decide this one.

A win for either side takes them into the last eight of the competition so I believe that both teams will wanted to field a reasonably strong eleven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment