Thursday 29 September 2011

Sheff United

Wayne hints at a move to Chef United

Saturday sees us, to my mind, face our most difficult away day yet for a number of reasons. The Blades ( expertly sharpened of course ) have been going well, are good at home and didn't play midweek. Added to all that they are champing at the bit following last week's Wycombe woe.

I'm not sure if it's my advancing years or this season's raised expectations but for most games this season I'm feeling slightly irritable even when we've won. Am I expecting too much ? Take Tuesday for example, rather than focus on a spirited second half performance I felt more miffed about the poor first half display. This followed my anger at what I felt was laboured victory over Chesterfield on Saturday. Having seen what these players are capable of I'm expecting them to replicate all the time.........perhaps I'm being too unrealistic and be pleased at how well things are going.

I probably do need to lower my sights and chill out a bit. However, I can't help but feel frustrated at the way Sir Chris and the management team are slow to react, adapt or make changes. I do wish they'd improve as I love Sir Chris and so want him to succeed and there's no one I'd rather have as manager, I'm proud he's ours !

I believe that Stephens needs a rest, skip should move to central midfield, Green should start maybe Yann too but I'd have to look at him and Hayes in training to be sure. Who's play on the left is a tough one. Maybe Wiggins could go there and Hughes or Evina go to left back. Nothing to lose I feel.

I probably know the result will be that the usual suspects will start at Bramall Lane though. I hope I'm wrong even if only in respect of Green who should definitely start.

The main injury concern of course is BWP and we can ill afford to be without his goal threat. Fingers and toes firmly crossed that he's ok to play.

This will be tough and I'd be happy if we manage to avoid defeat. Let's hope do and that Preston lose so we can remain top.

Come On You Reds !

No comments:

Post a Comment