Thursday 24 September 2009

You Think You're Disappointed - Exeter Preview



Fleetwood is apparently disappointed he's not able to play this Saturday. Not as much as me ! Never been remotely impressed by him. When we beat Ebbsfleet 6 - 0 in last year's pre-season he was one of the few not to score and had a totally forgettable game. Had he played on Saturday I assume we could have expected more of the same. 

Despite Exeter having one of the biggest names in football this is a game we should win. Unlike last week I shall be very upset if we don't.

I'm not expecting Parky to make any changes but that's not to say he shouldn't do so. Bailey had a poor game last week, probably down to the pressure of me predicting that he'd score ! His passing was woeful and his kicking out at Holt nearly resulted in an enforced lay off. I realise he's playing out of position but even so I expect better from him.

Whilst we all acknowledge Shelvey's ability and potential he has appeared to be struggling fitness wise in the last couple of weeks. He was shot to pieces early in the second half at Norwich.

May be time to give Basey or Holden a go and play a second striker. However, as I said I can't see Parky making one change let alone two.

Parky's unwillingness to make subs in the last couple of games has been a concern. Against Saints I felt that we needed fresh legs with about 20 minutes to go and at Norwich I'd have got Sodje on to shore up a defence that had been fire fighting throughout the second half.

 Not sure if he'll be in the Exeter squad but it'd be good to see a cameo from Marcus Stewart. A once quality striker who I guess still has something to offer.

I understand that the club may publish a request in the programme for no singing of the Addams Family song. If so, let's hope this is heeded. Three points and some more cerebal songs would make it a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment