Tuesday 25 August 2015

Up For The Cup


Another Tuesday and for the third successive week it's another away day albeit in the League Cup.

The lads will really be up against it as in Dave Robertson, The Posh have a manager who really knows his football. I say this because it was he who passed me for my Level 2 award back in 2006. I need say no more then eh !

Many decisions for Guy Luzon ahead of tonight's cup tie away to Peterborough. A hectic start to the season allied to several injuries mean The Addicks should be fielding rather more youngsters and fringe players than the manager would have ideally liked.

Given Charlton's better than expected start to the season the boss will also have an eye on Saturday's game away to Wolves. Thankfully they are also in League Cup action tonight so won't have any advantage in respect of being more rested.

There's an international break after the game at Molineux and despite the Addicks going well Luzon will be glad of the opportunity to hopefully get some players fit as well as to integrate any new signings should we get anyone in.

I've been to London Road on 3 occasions and have seen us win each time. Therefore, I'm sad to say that I won't be there tonight although I've never seen myself as bringing any luck to The Addicks.

I'd like to see us progress hopefully without further injury and then go on to draw a big Prem team at home in the next round.

Come On You Reds !

 

3 comments:

  1. I think you may have got the wrong idea re my admittedly rather odd comment on the last post,
    As I was trying to be polite and helpful and not sarcastic I'm a retired typographer not young at 65 and a Charlton supporter and not a spanner.
    As you can see the comments are much easier to read than the text.
    If you make your text font bigger or line the length shorter more people will take the trouble to read your blog. Got no prob with content, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just checked and he current book I'm reading is not Janet and John at all, although the partially sighted would stand a better chance with that than your blog.
    It says, 'Booker Prize Winner' on the cover, so I think it's for adults, it has just the ten words per line, whereas you seem to have about thirty.
    Yours with a stiff neck, Dave
    COYR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, people who bang on about font sizes.........I've met your type before.

    I'll get my agent to cancel my booking for the Booker Prize ceremony then !

    There's a delicious irony in your inability to express your own thoughts in ten words or less per line.

    ReplyDelete