Thursday 1 March 2012

Bob-A-Job

Brownsea Island - home to the infamous scout camp

There were reportedly a few scouts at the b2net on Tuesday evening to watch our boys in action. Dib ! Dib ! Dib ! What were they thinking ? The Addicks travel to Bournemouth on Saturday, the closest ground to Brownsea Island the site of the famous scout camp. The fools ! They'd needed only to wait another 4 days to see our boys in action so close to home. I really don't know what Sir Chris's ancestor, Chief Scout, Baden Powell, would have made of that. I can't recall that there was a badge for common sense and now you know why.

I'm looking forward to Saturday although I acknowledge that it'll be a tough game. My excitement is not purely born out of the ticket and petrol being paid for by my lad. I always enjoy an away game and with the Addicks playing well it should be a delight. Sadly, I'll be driving so won't have the chance to taste the local ale, which I think is from the Boscombe brewery unless I'm mistaken.

I'm not relishing the prospect of a long drive there and back but hey ho I hope it'll be worth it.

I've been to Dean Court only once before and that was a pre-season friendly in about 1995 or 1996 I think. One of the trialists was Mark Kinsella and I was impressed. Sadly it took about another 6 to 8 weeks as I recall before we signed him from Tuesday's upcoming oppo, Colchester United.

I'm sure that Wiggins can expect some abuse from the home fans. They'll also see Hollands return but he doesn't seem to have upset them as much as Rhoys. Our friends re-united come in the shape of the Wardrobe ( Simon Francis - big but not very mobile ) and Anger Management (  Harry the hothead Arter )........some issues there methinks ! One can imagine these two having blinders as most of our ex-players seem to.

Baring injuries it's hard to imagine Sir Chris changing the starting eleven or indeed the bench. The one disappointment for me to date is Clarke. He isn't doing it at the moment and should be enjoying coming on when most of the oppo are tired and we're in the ascendancy. Perhaps he only flourishes in adversity as his record at basement club Chesterfield would seem to suggest. I'd like to see Haynes come on ahead of him as he looks much more the business.

Following Tuesdays' record equaling 12th away win of the season could it be lucky 13 for our lads ? Let's hope so and another two or three from BWP and perhaps one for the hardworking Yann would be most welcome.

The games are coming thick and fast at the moment. It's Colchester on Tuesday and Notts County the following Saturday. Talking of well, thick, I note that the delightful Lee Hughes picked up a straight red on Saturday and assuming a three match ban, means we might not have the pleasure, as Her Majesty once did, of entertaining him. What a shame. 

Here's to Saturday and hopefully 3 points to continue our push for promotion.

Come On You Reds !




No comments:

Post a Comment