Tuesday 16 August 2011

The U's


" I told you we should have signed Shearer "

The U's manager David Bleat is still in charge despite being a pre-season favourite for the chop. When asked if he felt under any pressure Mr Bleat observed " not really, if I do get sacked I'm minted anyway ".

The boss is quietly confident of success this season as " this is the best squad I've worked with, whatever I tell them to do they just seem to follow. I'm not sure we'll win promotion but am hoping for some success in the cups although I'd prefer the games to be over four legs rather than two in some competitions ". A pig from the nearby Manor Farm was seen nodding his head vigourously in agreement whilst muttering something about two legs being bad before making a hasty retreat.

Bleat feels that the undefeated start to the season is partly due to a more caring approach that he's adopted this season. " I keep telling the lads to remember that me and the fans adore ewe all ". He went onto say " the dressing room music helps too. We've a regular playlist now..........ewe don't have to say ewe love me, loving ewe is easy, only ewe etc. I don't mind what the lads listen to really......to be honest I'm a bit mutton ".

Bleat felt that on Saturday the team was a bit too cautious leading them to be penned in their own half. " I had to speak to them at half time especially as them seemed very distracted every time the whistle went ".

When asked about tonight's game Mr Bleat said given Charlton's good start he was looking forward to it adding " I expect that our fans will flock to the ground ".

ANEM staff weren't expecting to attend tonight's game but the treasurer has found a few pennies in the piggy bank ( once separated from the francs, escusdos and drachma - all being retained until the collapse of the euro you understand ) and it seems we can afford to go.  I never went to Layer Road and haven't been to the Weston Homes either. Tonight's visit is prompted by our good start, style of play and that I'm on hols and don't want to miss out. Mind you I've a feeling of Unlucky Alf about it but hope I'm proved wrong.

Colchester remain a physical side despite the departure of previous manager Aidy Boothroyd who, as we know, prefers a direct approach. Hopefully our passing game will win the day. 

Barring injuries I assume that the same starting eleven will take to the field as that against Notts County. A very good win that and Wagstaff scored again. I still think he's best from the bench but fair play to him he's scored twice in two and from reports had a good game. Like Elliot it seems he responds to having genuine competition for his place.

Having waited so long for an away win in the league, can the lads deliver two in four days ? Let's hope so !

I'm hoping that our goalscorers include Jason Ewell !

Come On You Reds ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment