Thursday 5 April 2012

Boundary Dispute

Oldham Athletic Club Badge

Sir Patrick Moore

The drought has meant I've had to cancel my plans for colonic irrigation this weekend.....damn ! Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed as the owl and Paddy look like they could use a bit of that too.

Oop north again on Saturday then as The Addicks head into the final six games. We are saddled ( geddit ? ) with two games in three days as we face Walsall on Easter Monday. Oldham don't score many but have proved hard to beat at home. However, we really ought to win this game for the same reasons that I felt we'd overcome The O's relatively easily last Saturday. Oldham played in midweek and are not a great side despite having the erudite Dickov for a manager !

The Latics occupy 14th place in the table but do have cause for concern that they may get dragged into the relegation dogfight especially in light of their recent form. They will be battling hard for a win I've no doubt. Looks like they'll have to do that without Taylor who got injured on Tuesday. 

As for us I guess we'll see an unchanged starting eleven and probably bench too. If it were down to me I'd bring in Jackson, if fit, to play in central midfield alongside Hughes whilst dropping Hollands and Stephens. Hollands purely for the rest and Stephens because he's been poor for some time now.

For me Cook and Green or Wagstaff as the wide men. The defence remains the same. I'd have N'Guessan starting ahead of BWP. However, as I said that's me not Sir Chris and I think he'll retain the same players. 

I do hope he doesn't do that and in addition, makes better use of the subs. I keep banging on about that but sadly it doesn't seem to change. Someone does need to have a word in his shell-like. 

With Huddersfield winning in midweek it's getting very tight behind us, however, that won't matter at all as long as we keep on winning. Two wins over these next two games will go a long way to not only securing promotion but also the title.

Congratulations to Sir Tom Finney whose 90th birthday is being celebrated at Preston on Saturday. Well done to him on reaching the full ninety........let's hope there's plenty of time added on.

Well done too to all those Addicks making the long trip to Oldham. I hope you're rewarded firstly with the 3 points and secondly a good performance from our boys.

Come On You Reds !



No comments:

Post a Comment