Friday 7 January 2022

Cup Fever!

Part 2 of Cup week at The Valley sees the Addicks up against Prem opposition in the form of Norwich City.

There’s nothing to dislike about the Canaries as they’re a pretty decent club and after all, they have kindly loaned Akin to us.

My most memorable trip to Carrow Road was the midweek game when Super Clive bagged a hat-trick in a 5-0 or 5-1 win as I vaguely recall.

I’d be more optimistic if Stockley was available but sadly his hip injury would seem to rule him out. Add to that the aforementioned Akin won’t be available and it further weakens our chances.

However, no Jackson side is going to the pitch without giving it everything.

Of course we don’t know how strong a team Norwich will put out. They will no doubt prioritise the league as sadly all Prem seem to do these days but they might want to get some minutes for one or two players as their last match was on 28th December.

It should be a great atmosphere and it’s been too long since we played a top flight team.

Sadly, for me as things stand I won’t be there as my Covid passport doesn’t permit me to attend such an event until 11th January. A nonsense as far as I can see as my isolation completes today and I’ve tested negative for the past two days aside from it being an outdoor event!

I will check the club’s regulations again. I am considering changing my name to Novak Djokovic to see if I can get round it that way!

It’d be great to get a win and further progress in the cup. Our progression further than the 3rd round has been few and far between over the years. It’s always been great when we have of course.

Bristol City away and at home in the replay, Man Utd away of course and what a day that was!

Sheffield Wednesday away, Coventry away, Newcastle home and away plus a few more that I’ve overlooked……….fantastic memories despite the result in some cases.

Please can the football gods smile upon us and bring some luck and get us through to round 4!

Come On You Reds!

No comments:

Post a Comment