Monday 13 May 2019

Woah, We're Halfway There !

A near perfect performance from The Addicks sees them head to The Valley on Friday just ahead at half time.

Lee Bowyer changed the formation to nullify Donny's threat having reflected on the previous encounter at the Keepmoat. It worked a treat save for the last minute goal the home side scored that to be fair had a degree of luck about it.

It took a few minutes for the Addicks to get into their stride but once they did the created several chances. Taylor and Aribo took two in the psace of 3 minutes too see us go in 2-0 up at half time.

I don't know about anyone else but I was nervous as hell watching the game. I can't remember a time when I've been so on edge for one of our games. I'm likely to be a complete mess on Friday!

When we got our first I let out a great scream that frightened the s**t out of our dog who until then was resting peacefully on my lap! He went and took safe refuge on the other sofa!

The second half was quite comfortable for and just before Donny got their consolation Taylor so nearly got a third with an Aribo cross just evading him.

Barely two minutes later and a deflected cross and bundled at the far post by Blair to take the edge off a competent display.

There were good performance all round and Parker undoubtedly had his best game in a Charlton shirt. Those who watched on tv will have intrigued to learn of the massive difficulties he experienced at a previous club and how he's managed to keep his career going. I had no idea.

Our fine home form especially in 2019 ought to continue and see us over the line. I'm sure that Bowyer won't allow for complacency and will have the lads focused again.

A couple of early goals to settle the nerves would be nice!

The backing at the Keepmoat was rather special even in a season that has seen the away support of the highest level. With The Valley nearly sold out it should be rocking in SE7.

I recall the atmosphere against Ipwich back in 1998 being fantastic and I believe we might witness something approaching that again.

Ramp it all up, get Big DL back on the PA playing all the old favs and throw in a piper to play Valley Floyd Road!

This could be a very memorable night if it goes according script. I simply can't wait!

Come On You Reds!

No comments:

Post a Comment