Wednesday 3 February 2010

A Pair of Draws and David Pleat

" Alan's a great manager, simply wonderful, I can't believe that he's not managing a top flight club. "

Optimistically I tuned in to 5 Live in the hope of hearing our line up for the Braziers game. No such luck but I was instead treated to the Right Reverand David Pleat being asked for his views on the John Terry situation. After all those allegations of Curb Crawling ( see above ) who better to sit in judgement. Blimey, I bet John wishes the Reverand David was England boss right now ! Somehow given the collection the righteous souls currently representing the national team it would be entirely appropriate.

I'm afraid I can't share what the great the man thought as I didn't stayed tuned to find out. I can guess that he didn't say John Terry should be condemned to damnation ( no, not Holland ). I had to visit the club website to discover the starting eleven.

I was surpised, pleased and disappointed. Surprised at the number of changes, pleased to see Racon start and disappointed that McKenzie didn't. I've no problem with Akpo I just believe the Leon is a better bet to start and that bringing on Akpo later works well.

It sounds like a frustrating night where we should have walked away with all 3 points. A pair of draws in 4 days. Again we seem to have conceded a sloppy goal. I think we have now left ourselves too much to do in catching Leeds and Norwich even if we do still play them both at home. I hope I'm wrong.

Saturday is another tough game against a team that improved a lot since we salvaged a 2 - 2 draw on Boxing Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment