Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas Sales !


Over 18% Off At The Valley !

The Addicks got caught up in the post Christmas sales yesterday and decided to reduce everything, the team included, by over 18% ! Very generous but as a plan to win football matches........not great !

They are a couple of my favourite players but Sodje and Burton were, at best, daft yesterday. The ref was right with their sending offs but he got little else correct. Only one yellow card for Swindon was a long way from consistent. He must reside in Swindon not for reasons of bias but linked to the new Disney partnership.

However, what a performance from the remaining nine men.........heroes every one of them ! At least we got a Valley atmosphere not witnessed since our early Prem days in my opinion. The place was rocking and I think it genuinely lifted the players. You expect unusal scorelines and matches at Christmas but no one could have foreseen this !

Praise be to Parky I think he did well. No FA coaching course prepares you for that scenario ! I was surprised that the Swindon fans weren't booing their team at the end. Eleven really should beat nine in a league game.

Sadly, we're now missing Sodje S for 4 games and Burton for tomorrow. I believe that Dailly won't be ready and with Mooney, Youga and Richardson unlikely too, Parky's not got an easy day today !

I'm not going to predict the side for Griffin Park, a) because I'm rubbish at it and b) because you never know with Parky ! I think I could have had 10 goes at yesterday's starting eleven and still not got it right.

Let's hope we can get a win tomorrow and hope allied to luck will need to be there in abundance.


No comments:

Post a Comment