Friday 18 September 2009

Canaries Away





Charlton head off to East Anglia tomorrow for what was once the Robins versus the Canaries. Add Alan Partridge to the flights of fancy and there's a real ornithological feel to the game.
If we're lucky we might catch a glimpse of another old game bird or game old bird..........Delia. She's been rather less spotted in recent seasons following her sherry fuelled half time cheerleading act. Best stay behind the scenes Delia, probably in the kitchen would be ideal.

This is my first visit to Carrow Road since the Mendonca hat-trick of about 10 years ago. I think Phil Chapple also scored in a 4 or 5-1 win I believe. What a night ! I recall that I enjoyed 2 pre-match pasties that evening.

Not expecting a similar result tomorrow, score wise I mean, not pasties, probably do 3 of them tomorrow ! Think we're in for a tough game following their loss to MK Dons on Monday. They'll be smarting a bit from that. I'd happily take a draw as a point away is fair enough for me.

I note that McKenzie is likely to be on the bench and if so, I hope he gets a few minutes on the pitch.
We have enjoyed some good times at Norwich and let's hope that continues tomorrow. I'm not into predicting scores, however, will suggest that Bailey is due a goal and will back him to get one tomorrow.
Come on you reds !



1 comment:

  1. Hope to seeyou there Phil. If you texr me your seat number on 07749-935775 I will try & say hi.

    What a night that was 17 September 1997, 4-0 to us. Your memory serves you well on the scorers, a Mendonca hat-trick & Chapple with the other.

    Don' forget to try one of Delia's pies.

    ReplyDelete